Friday, March 13, 2015

Today I Love Cautious Optimism and the Writing Process in all its Ugly Glory - Slice of Life 2015 Day 13


Note to reader...this is what a slice looks like when you try four FIVE separate times to get the words out and they really just don't want to come out!  Sometimes life is like that, and you know what?  The world still spins!  Sigh!  Today I love Cautious Optimism and the Writing Process in all its Ugly Glory.  Read on, only if you dare.


1. 

Today I love cautious optimism.  I am not a runner.  I enjoy walking.  Tomorrow I am signed up for a 5K.  I have never run or walked a 5K before.  I allowed a few good friends to talk me into doing this and I am admittedly a bit nervous.  I do want to be healthier and exercise more and be balanced in my life.  But anytime we try something new it can cause a bit of apprehension.  I'm having a hard time putting my feelings into words this evening, but that's okay too....



2.  

Today I am fluttery.  
A bit of a case of butterflies in my stomach. 
An "oh-my-golly-did-I-really-do-that" kind of feeling.

I am not a runner.
I enjoy walking.

And tomorrow I am signed up (and have paid MONEY for) my very first 5K. 
I have friends who will be running or jogging. 

I am not a runner.
I enjoy walking.

I am trying to be an optimist.  
I will make new friends.

I will get rained on.
I will jump in puddles...my daughter's rule!

I am not a runner.
I enjoy walking.

I am trying to be healthy.
I AM losing weight.

I am jumpy.
I am .....
 
I am not a runner.
I enjoy walking.


3.

Oh, for Pete's Sake!  I'm signed up for a 5K and I'm geeking out about it already!
I know it'll be fine, but I'm having a big ol' hissy fit and I don't know what to do about it!


4.  

Deep cleansing breaths.....deeeeeeeeeeeeeep cleansing breaths........Today I Love...umm....

5.  
 
I will be optimistic.
I will get good exercise.
I will burn calories.
I WILL meet new people!  
I LOVE meeting new people!
I will get rained on...I will NOT melt. 
(I really don't want to get rained on and I really don't want to get my new shoes wet...)
But it will be fine.  
Really.  
It will.

Today I love being cautiously optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment