Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Isn't she lovely? Today I love...

Okay, so here's how the story goes, as I remember it...

Once upon a time...oh, some 27 years ago today, a lovely little girl made her way into all of our lives.  Well, it just so happens, that the day the lovely little girl decided to make her grand entrance was the exact same day...exactly 26 years before to the day...that the little girl's own very handsome papa had decided to make his own grand entrance into the world!  

      So, when the very handsome papa received this oh so precious birthday gift, he wanted to shout from the rooftops and declare to the world how happy he was with his lovely little girl!  Well, living in central Ohio as he did, and having no mountain tops from which to shout, he did the next best thing...he called the radio station!  He asked them to play this song and from that moment on, it became their song.  

      Now, I don't know this part of the story for sure, but I would imagine that the lovely little girl probably danced with her very handsome papa the way lovely little girls will, her tiny feet on his, him holding her hands, to that very song many times through the years...and many times I'm sure on this oh so precious shared birthday that they have.  

      Now, this part I do know for sure...if you fast forward the story some 25 years later, that song, of course, was THE song that the very handsome papa and the lovely little girl danced to at the lovely little girl's very own all grown up wedding.  And now...that very handsome papa and that lovely little girl are in the process of doing just what all good handsome and lovely characters in all good stories do...they are living happily ever after.  


      Today I love my very handsome big brother, Craig, and my very lovely niece, Jessica.  Happy Birthday both of you!  Enjoy your day!  Hope I got the story at least part right! 


"Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder

Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she lovely
Life and love are the same
Life is Aisha
The meaning of her name
Londie, it could have not been done
Without you who conceived the one
That's so very lovely made from love

No comments:

Post a Comment