Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Today I Love Confirmation...Slice of Life Tuesday Challenge

      Stacey at The Slice of Life Tuesday Challenge asks us to consider the reasons why we write today.  I've discovered so many new reasons to write in the last month and a half.  At one time in my life, I wrote because I had to...some teacher told me to write, so I wrote.  I whined and complained and fussed about it, but I wrote.  (Secretly though...I enjoyed it!  Shh...don't tell my teachers!)
       
     Interestingly enough, lately...I write...because I have to.  Not because some teacher told me to (unless you count Cathy encouraging me!), but because I NEED to.  Writing soothes me now...it fills a void.  It helps me process my day or look forward to my day or share my day with others.  I write because in some small corner of my mind I hope that maybe, just maybe, something I put out into the world might make a difference for someone else.  I write because it is something I love to do.  

    My slice of life is short today, friends.  It is a contemplative evening here on the prairie and I have been agonizing over finding a love in the mess that this day has been.  But I've said it before and I will say it as long as I am physically able...there is always...and there always will be...something to love. 


 
     At first I thought I didn't even have a photo for today's love.  Abstract nouns are hard to photograph.  I honestly couldn't think of how to put into words what I've been thinking, let alone photograph it.  But, as will happen, when I began intentionally looking around..really seeing what was around me...there it was.  And then when I sat back and thought over the whole long day...the whole long last few days...I realized it was there all the time.  My family has been facing a very tough decision this week and I've been looking for some sign, some hint, that we've made the right choice.  From the discussions at staff devotions this morning, to another clear sign this afternoon, to finally this beautiful crocus this evening...it has finally come to me.  As the crocus settles it that yes, at last, Spring has settled in for a good long while, the other things I heard and witnessed today also reassure me that we have chosen wisely.  

     Today I love confirmation.

5 comments:

  1. You leave a lot unsaid and make me wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough one to write about and yet not one to ignore. The writing helps...sorry for the vagueness.

      Delete
  2. Your intense committment to find something to love in each day, especially in "the mess that this day has been" comes through. This is a noble endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words...it is a form of an addiction I fear, but a healthy one I do believe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you write. I enjoy stopping by because you always remind me to look for all the wonderful things that are right there to love.

    ReplyDelete