Monday, April 1, 2013

Today I love 6 Room Poems

Today I love 6 Room Poems.  I stole this idea from someone somewhere during the Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life Story Challenge.  In this activity, you divide your paper into 6 "rooms":  Image, Light, Sound, Questions, Feelings, and Repetitions.  You focus on one image and organize your ideas about that image, traveling "through" the rooms to help you recall the details of the time or place or event you are remembering.  It is just a nice way to grab the ideas out of your head and get them on paper.  I tried this three times today...once with each class as we celebrated the first day of National Poetry Month.  A natural poet I am not, but this was helpful.  You gotta love a good idea that you get for free from someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment