Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Today I Love Inspiration

For those of you who have been around for awhile, you know that I post one time a day and only one time.  When I post I post positive.  No trauma drama from this mama...at least not here in FB Land!  (Or blog land either for that matter since this is cross-posting!)  
Well, after bordering on negative yesterday, today was another one of those days where I thought to myself, "Maybe today's the day...maybe there are no more things to love.  Maybe today's the day I need to hang it up and just love chocolate chip cookies and get out of the feel good game."  Chocolate chip cookies are my fall back for when I really do run out of things to love...if such a day should ever arrive.
Not so! Last Tuesday, I shared here about a wonderful Poetry Slam performance I had found on youtube.  I am sad to say that I do not remember the bunny trail of links it took me to find it or who the original "sharer" was, but Touchscreen was very well received by my 7th and 8th graders.  Today I was amazed and surprised by a poem that one of my 8th grade students wrote and shared on Facebook.  His timing was impeccable and I told him so...I also told him it made me cry.  He said, "Oh, cool!  I mean...umm..."  I reassured him that they were good, happy, "teacher" tears and asked for his permission to share his work here.  I am doubly impressed that when he posted it, he remembered to include the "inspired by" line at the bottom.  
Thanks for making my day, Clayton!  Today I love inspiration!
Tagging used to be for recess.
Tweeting used to be for birds.
We used to look out windows.
Has technology changed our words?
We used to develop pictures
In the photoshop.
And the Amazon was a river,
A favorite vacation stop.
And instead of using Facebook,
Shouldn't a book be facing me?
Our technology really has
Changed the world we see.
 
Written by Clayton A.
 Inspired by Marshall Davis Jones
2nd place poetry slam
Look him up on YouTube!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment