Thursday, March 27, 2014

Today I Love The Art Show - Slice of Life 2014 Day 27

Thanks to the good people at Two Writing Teachers for sponsoring the Slice of Life Story Challenge. Today is Day 27 of 31...and today I am blatantly steal...umm...borrowing an idea from my friend Cathy's post from yesterday as I attempt to sum up My Ol' Man's art showing in a series of six "6 word" stories.  (Spoiler alert to my students who are reading this...we'll be trying these after break!)

The Man and I had a great time tonight with My Ol' Man, my big brother, and his two sons, at the Bryn Du Mansion in Granville.  While three pieces were entered in the exhibit, he felt quite blessed to have gotten one accepted...many regulars were turned down this year.  And by evening's end, he had been given the wonderful (and profitable) news that his piece sold!  This year's show will be running through April 5, weekdays 4-8pm, Saturdays 1-7, and Sunday 1-5.



Today I love The Art Show




From "Red on Red" to "Picasso"
(zoom in close)






 
 
From The Shark to homemade crayons
(zoom in closer!)
 






I'm color deprived; craving "Brilliant Day"


 



Loved watching My Ol' Man hobnob




The boys sharing art, or technology?

 

My Ol' Man - quite the artiste!









"Clockworks"


 

1 comment: