Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Today I Love green - Slice of Life 2014 Day 12

Thanks to the good people at Two Writing Teachers for sponsoring the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Today is Day 12! 

Long day = short ( but yummy) slice!  Today I love green!  It seems I can't get it in nature just yet, since our friend Lady Spring has been delayed once again, so I'll just put it on my plate!  Got this recipe from a Kroger flyer...and made it my own!  Note...I do not generally measure.  I kind of scoop and pour and pinch.  But, I'll be nice and give you what Kroger gave me, with my approximations in parentheses. This dish goes together quite quickly and is good for a school night.  Have your plates ready to load, your mushrooms sliced up, and spinach washed and ready to go before you start heating that pan.

Sauteed Mushrooms, Chicken, and Spinach over Angel Hair Pasta

2 T (or more) unsalted butter (NOT margarine!)
2 cloves garlic, sliced (I scooped 2 tsp of the minced stuff in)
4 oz (or a WHOLE lot more) white mushrooms, sliced
4 cups (2 or 3 BIG handfuls) spinach, washed and drained
Salt and pepper to taste...and Garlic Garlic, Seasoned Salt, & Garlic Pepper
1 lb cooked angel hair pasta
3 T olive oil
1/4 c (or more) shredded Parmesan

I also added:
scant 1/4 cup of Feta 
scant 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
chicken breasts...adjust for the number of hungry folks you are serving.  
             Season chicken with salt, pepper, Garlic Garlic, Seasoned Salt, 
             and Garlic Pepper

Preheat saute pan over medium heat, give a quick turn of olive oil, then add chicken and cook 3 - 5 minutes on each side until done and no longer pink.  Set chicken aside and give the pan another turn of olive oil.  Add butter and garlic.  Cook 30 seconds.  Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes.  Slice chicken thinly, then return chicken to pan.  Add spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and salt and pepper, plus other seasonings.  Cover and cook 1 minute until greens are wilted.  Uncover and add to cooked pasta.  Drizzle with olive oil and top with Parmesan and Feta.  Serve with oven warmed na'an bread drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with extra Parmesan and Feta. Enjoy! 

 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds and looks delicious - thank you for sharing a school-night recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! I love easy...and delicious is a good friend of mine as well! :)

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious! I'm pinning it to give it a try.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete