Sunday, March 10, 2013

Today I Love a Bittersweet Sunday Sabbath...Slice of Life 10 of 31

Today I love a bittersweet Sunday Sabbath.  This is our last Sunday in our "old building" and the "new building" will be up and running next weekend.  We've gone "old school" these past few weekends as you see in the photo...back to the overhead projector to enable everyone to see the words to the praise and worship songs we are singing.  
"How can I keep from singing your praise..."
I got the feeling our Pastor didn't want to stop preaching today, and I, probably too boldly, told him so.  He agreed.  This is the pulpit from which he preached his first sermon as a pastor.  Next Sunday, we'll be worshiping, and he'll be preaching, in our new church which sprang up out of the field next door in a matter of mere months.
It is hard to leave the old, but sweet it will be to be in the new as well.
"How can I keep from singing your praise..."

4 comments:

  1. It always surprises me, how hard it can be to say goodbye to something, even when you know something even better is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful.. Surely with time you will find a new "home," in the newly constructed church. Most likely with more room? It hopefully can accomodate twice as many people to create twice as many cherished memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change is hard, no matter what our age, no matter that what is new is "better," true? Thank you for this reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my....loved the overhead projector....I did not know there were any working ones left. As we all know, change is difficult...especially moving as we fear we might lose some of the memories from the old building. I felt that way when we moved into the new school building...even though the old building was kind of ugly. It was the memories I felt would die...but of course, memories are in our hearts... not a building. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete