|Some things we just have|
to learn the hard way!
1. Never, ever, ever, ever waste a sunny day. When the sun shines, get out in it for as long as you can. You would think I should already know that, having lived in Ohio all my life, but no, I subscribe to the "learn things the hard way and then forget the lesson so you can learn it all over again" school of hard knocks!
2. When you don't recognize the phone number, sometimes it pays to answer it. A few days ago a former student made my day with an unexpected phone call.
3. I was evidently separated at birth from a group of like minded siblings that call themselves The Nerdy Book Club. I am working on setting up a family reunion soon. (This one's for you, Cathy, and I didn't really learn it the hard way...I'm just being slow.)
4. I need more sleep. 'Nough said there.
5. Look for smiley faces where ever you are and when ever you can. It's amazing how often you can find them and they really do brighten up your day!
During a break!
In the "wilderness"!
In the hallway!
Just about anywhere!
7. Hate to put a negative item here, but I really, really, really, dislike participles, infinitives, and gerunds (those secret agent verbs that pose as other parts of speech in order to befuddle teachers and confuse 14 year olds)...don't ask. It's a long painful story involving 19 eighth graders and lots of hair pulling.
8. I must seek to find the positive in negatives whenever possible. (Hmmm, let's see. I only have to teach participles, infinitives, and gerunds to one grade level and not all three! Does that count?)
9. I still need more sleep!
10. Never, ever, ever, ever, pass up the opportunity to go to The Waffle House! Over tonight's impromptu dinner celebrating the teeny tiny tax refund that came in the mail, The Man and I decided on a possible road trip this summer! Woo hoo!
See? Life IS GOOOOOOOOOOD!